With both of my sisters managing at least one blog, and with family and friends so very far away, I decided to jump on the blog wagon.
Growing Stones in the Clarktic Circle will follow our (Tim's and my) efforts at growing a prosperous garden at 8300ft in the rocky mountains, raising chickens and the meals we create from our bountiful garden.
To begin with, I will show you the transformation of our backyard from an aspen grove that perished to a grub, into a garden with raised beds and a green house.
It all began in the fall of 2010. This first image is all I can find of what used to be a beautiful aspen grove. We lost about 80% of the aspens to a grub, so we cut them all down and had a fire. The result was a big open area that has wonderful solar access for a garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment