After falling off the blog wagon for the past 2 months, I was trying to decide how to catch up on what has happened since I last posted. Obviously our little one, who we have nicknamed Pebble (as in little Stone), has been doing a lot of growing. So I decided to post the progression of ultrasound photos.
 |
| Little Pebble is 9 weeks in this image and is upside down. You can see his/her little foot at the top. I also think it is amazing how you can see the amniotic membrane (the faint white line) within the chorionic sac (the dark fluid filled cavity where the baby grows). |
The next couple of ultrasound images were taken because the hospital where I work needed a test subject for determining the capabilities of the ultrasound machine we have on Labor and Delivery. These were at 13 weeks gestation.
 |
| On the left of the photo is the placenta, which I think looks like a pregnant abdomen. You can also see Pebble's arm bones and fist in this image. |
 |
| A 13 week silhouette of Pebble. You can also see some loops of umbilical cord near the top of the frame. |
The next series of photos are from our 20 week full anatomy scan. At this doctor's appointment a comprehensive anatomical survey is done to look for any problems or defects. Most people (80% according to some recent reading I've been doing) find out the sex of the baby at this appointment. Tim and I have chosen to allow Pebble's sex to remain a surprise until the birthday.
 |
| 3D image of Pebble's face cradled in his/her hand. You can see that the latest in utero fashion is to wear the umbilical cord like a scarf. My sister Camille thinks Pebble looks like Tim in this photo. |
 |
| Another 3D image of Pebble |
 |
| and another.... |
 |
| Pebble's legs and feet, crossed at the ankles. |
 |
Hopefully Pebble inherits Tim's legs, rather than the Gaufankles (Gaume fat ankles) from my side of the family.
|
The 20 week ultrasound is typically the last scheduled ultrasound in uncomplicated pregnancies. We will actually have at least one more ultrasound around 26 weeks to follow up on a potential problem with one of Pebble's kidneys. Sounds like it is a minor concern that only needs watching and hopefully will resolve in utero.
And here are some belly shots...
 |
| 19 weeks pregnant with Pebble |
 |
| 21 week baby belly |
Tim did some studio shots of my baby belly today. I will try to post some soon. I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant and hoping to take weekly photos of my growing belly to post to the blog.
I loved seeing all of these together. You're looking pretty big in the last shot, I have to say...or is that the angle?
ReplyDeleteMostly angle I think, but it is growing!
ReplyDeleteYay! You have such a cute pregnant belly already! Glad you are posting to the blog since I never get to see you in person:(
ReplyDeleteOops that was my post above-michelle
ReplyDeleteWaitng for studio shots.
ReplyDeleteHarass your brother in law. He still needs to process them.
Delete