Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Comparing Bellies at 26 weeks



This is a belly*




This is a belly on week 26 of pregnancy


This is a belly on week 26 of TWINS pregnancy.



Any questions?

Kudos to my sister Camille for all the hard work she did growing her beautiful twin girls 3 years ago!  I wonder how long it will take my belly to get as big as her's was at 26 weeks.  I'm sure I am much more comfortable at 26 weeks than she ever was during her pregnancy.  She still is doing an amazing amount of wonderful work raising Sara and Caroline.
3 1/2 year old twin nieces Sara (left) and Caroline (right)

 I can't wait to get out to Oakland to see them in April.  We skype every one to two weeks and it has been fun to be able to see them and show them my growing belly.  Yesterday Caroline agreed that my big belly was probably just because I ate too many eggs and avocados for breakfast, but Sara thought that it was big because that is where Pebble is.  They are eager for Pebble to come out so they can feed him (Sara wants a boy) or her (Caroline wants a girl) a bottle.

There isn't a lot to report at 26 weeks.  All feels good and my back has stopped hurting since I decided to hang up the downhill skis.  Pebble moves all the time, especially at 2am. I guess it is just preparing me to be awake with the baby in the middle of the night.  Tim and I are getting ready to go on our last desert camping trip before a baby makes that endeavor much more complicated.  Looking forward to hiking in slot canyons and exploring the ruins in the Grand Gulch area.

My sister Brittany sent me a lovely birthday gift.  My very own keepsake Baby Stone.
 My neighbor sent me a photograph of a similar rock with a baby etched into it.  I sent that photo along to my sister telling her how much I liked it and she had one commissioned for my birthday.  She is so sweet!  I love it!!




*The first belly does not belong to anyone I know.

3 comments:

  1. you are glowing alethea! glad you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are glowing. You look gorgous. Love, brittany

    ReplyDelete