Pebble went to her/his first concert this week when we took a little road trip down to Ft. Collins to see one of my favorite feminist musicians Ani DiFranco. I hope someday the little one is proud to say that her/his first concert ever was Ani DiFranco! Planting the seeds of social consciousness and feminism early!
I was hoping to get a photo with the Righteous Babe (Ani) and the Righteous Baby (Pebble in the belly) but the venue was much bigger than I expected, and I was too nervous to get up close to the stage with all the dancing/moving energy. So we hung back and enjoyed the show from afar. Pebble seemed to enjoy the music and my dancing and was joining in with some kicking/dancing of her/his own.
Here is Ani performing the title track to her new album "Which Side Are You On?"
and this is my favorite line from the song...
"Feminism ain't about women,
No, that's not who it's for
It's about a shifting consciousness
That'll bring an end to war
So listen up you fathers
Listen up you sons
And tell me which side are you on now
Which side are you on"
Right on, Alethea and Pebble!
ReplyDeleteIs that you Auntie L?
DeletePete Seeger is ninety? Good grief. On the side of Peace myself.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, Alethea! Your baby is so lucky to have a mama like you, and society thanks you too!!
ReplyDeletePebble. Already at his first concert. You are going to make him a music lover. And a feminist!
ReplyDelete