Friday, August 19, 2011

Decadent Meals from the Garden

I came home the other night from a long and busy 12 hour shift helping babies enter the world to an amazing meal prepared by my awesome husband!
Sauteed greens and steamed yellow beets (from our garden) served with a neighbor's fresh eggs, walnuts, and heirloom tomato (from farmers market), with  warmed bacon dressing.  Bacon is only ingredient that was not local.



And for dessert...
We have loads and loads of basil and I've been looking for any and all recipes that call for basil to use it up.  Here we have basil ice cream served over grilled peaches.   Click the link for the recipe.  The peaches are obviously not from our 8300 ft garden, but they are semi-local Palisade peaches.

Do you have any Basil recipes to share?  Please do share...

Tim is also making dill pickles with all ingredients coming from the garden.   If you have  a pickle recipe that you just love, please share it!
And here is the somewhat less beautiful dinner I prepared a few nights before Tim's much better version of the meal.
Mustard Greens, Bok Choy, and Spinach freshly picked from the garden.


Not much there after wilting them down with some olive oil and garlic.

Just enough for two servings.
Wilted greens drizzled in White Truffle Oil and served with steamed yellow beats and goat cheese.


2 comments:

  1. Yumbo-roonies! I want to eat dinner at your house, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really makes me want to get my garden going soon.

    ReplyDelete