![]() |
| We have eleven chickens, a mixture of Buff Orphingtons and Rhode Island Reds. Tim ordered sixteen baby chicks who arrived by overnight mail about 4 months ago. We gave a few away and currently have eleven. They are all supposed to be hens, but we suspect we have one rooster on our hands. It is pretty difficult to tell for sure when they are still so young and small. Time will tell. |
![]() |
| A very young Buff Orphington is checking out the scene before deciding to venture out of the house. These guys will get huge. Notice the plug in the upper right corner of the photo. In the winter this provides power to heat the house with light bulbs. |
![]() |
| Bella loves hanging out under the chicken house when I'm not watching and eating the poop that falls through the mesh wire floor. This is what happens to dogs who hang out under chicken coops. Gross. |
![]() |
| Tim did a lovely job of making the hen house look like a small version of our house. |







Are you worried about the neighborhood dogs coming around? How old were they when you let them out of the coop?
ReplyDeleteI'm a little worried about the neighborhood dogs, but the chickens are going under the deck and I think they can stay safe if a dog decided to go after them. We are only letting them out when we are home. It started about 3 weeks ago with only letting them out in the evening. We would sit out there with the hose to ward off lurking cats and dogs. Our animals have gotten used to them and are leaving the alone now. I'm letting them out all day today while I'm home, but obviously not watching all day. Keeping the windows open so I can hear any ruckus if it happens.
ReplyDeleteCool chicken house! That guy has talent!!
ReplyDelete