On summer evenings, Tim and I often ask each other "Brain Drain (Television), or Fire Bowl?" The answer is usually "Fire Bowl." In fact, we've been enjoying the fire bowl so often recently, we have started calling it the North Routt TV.
Does anyone know what kind of bird you hear calling in this video?
Luckily, work has been relatively slow recently. I have been able to stay home on call for many of my shifts, or at least go home early. I have actually had to work very few full 12 hour days in the last couple of months. Good thing, because when I am on my feet for that long, I have lots of contractions.
Walter used to love to spoon with me when I would come home from work and collapse, in an exhausted heap, on the couch. That no longer works so well with my belly protruding so much. So we came up with a new snuggle position. You should see the way he looks at me when Pebble kicks him in the head. "Hey mom, what was that for?"
Upgrading the North Routt TV:
The copper fire bowl we bought three years ago has gotten so much use, that it was starting to wear out. The legs were becoming increasingly unstable and the copper bowl is very thin. Tim tried to re-weld the legs a few weeks ago, but it didn't work so well. So Tim, being good at everything he puts his mind to, spent the day upgrading our "TV"
| Tim welding legs onto the new and improved steel fire bowl |
| The new fire bowl, all ready for the next time we need to be entertained. |
That picture of you and walter is so cute. Enjoy the new tv.
ReplyDeleteLarry says the bird is a robin because it's clearly not an owl! Dylan Thomas said "All birds are robins, except owls.". (You have to imagine the accent). Seriously, he thinks it does sound like "a retarded robin"--starts like a robin call but is missing some notes.
ReplyDeleteThat is a super cute picture of you and Walter. I hope you will continue to enjoy the outdoor tv after Pebble is born. So funny, I had never before considered the tv as an alternate form of campfire.
ReplyDelete