I'm not sure how a whole month has gone by and I fell short on my commitment to blog once a week. Oh well. I do have lots to report, so maybe I'll do several posts over the next few days.
But let's start with the mistress. For those of you who have missed the joke in the past, Tim's salt water reef aquarium has been nicknamed "The mistress." The origin of the name is that Tim devotes much time and attention (not to mention money) to her. You all may recall that we had a disastrous tank failure while we were away in Indonesia diving last April. It is hard to believe that was an entire year ago. It was our last big pre-baby vacation together. We are already talking about planning a dive trip to Belize or Cozumel next spring with my parents, trying to convince my sisters and their families to come as well. GG (my mom, stands for Grandma Gaume) isn't a diver, so she can watch little Pebble while I"m under water.
Anyway, Tim has been hard at work recovering, regrowing, reaquascaping, tinkering, loving, slaving over his mistress in order to bring her back to this beautiful state. She is back in shape just in time for him to redirect his growing efforts to the outdoor garden. (Which he has by the way, and I'll post on that very soon). So here are some shots of this lovely lady who has spent the winter competing with me for Tim's attention.
 |
The new glass 200 gallon aquarium,
an upgrade from the previous 120 gallon acrylic tank |
 |
| Closer in... |
 |
| In the front left you can see the 18 inch clam that survived the tank crash of 2011. |
 |
| Beautiful Aquascape |
 |
| Powder blue tang in the front, anthias in back. |
 |
| Blonde Naso Tang |
 |
| Mystery wrass. He is super cool! |
 |
Another shot of the mystery wrass,
with the blue tang, naso tang and anthias all hovering over the clam. |
 |
| Bangi Cardinal Fish |
 |
| Pajama cardinal fish |
 |
| Six line wrass |
 |
| Six line wrass. |
Wow! That is amazing...seriously rivals anything I have ever seen in a commercial aquarium or even under the sea.
ReplyDeleteDamn that guy has talent!
ReplyDeleteAnd apparently he is cocky too!
ReplyDelete